Thursday, February 24, 2011

Battle: My brain

So, today my mom took my little sister to see the latest Adam Sandler film. When they got back I expected her to go on about Jennifer Aniston, because somehow that is all chicks over forty like to talk about: Other chicks over forty who look good on film. Anyhow, there I was, sitting in the kitchen, surfing the world wide weird and sippin' coffee when she said, "Oh my god! Did you know there's an alien movie coming out! Battle:Earth?" And of course, I am like, "Battle: Los Angeles?" And she is like, "Yes! I saw it and I was like YOU need to go see that!" She's looking dead at me, the resident Science Fiction and UFOnut(Naut?).

If you have no idea what I am talking about, check out the trailer:



Now, the title may be familiar to those of you still giving SYFY ratings because they are doing a knock off version, with the same title. Minus the colons. Both movies harken back to an actual incident from 1942. Aliens didn't exactly attack and take over, but hey, if you've ever read Mark Millar's WANTED (the graphic novel, not the shittastic film), then you may have to accept the possibility that we may be living in an alternate timeline where Superheroes have been eradicated and relegated to myth and legend and aliens have invaded, destroyed our leaders and then put us in a dreamworld, à la Matrix where we sit in stasis, getting the life sucked out of us, like the bio-batteries that we are.

Damn. I actually came up with all that on my own!

Battle: Los Angeles hits theaters 3.11.11

No comments:

Post a Comment